Trim Paint Smooth Operator 500ml
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
So fine! Parchment’s timeless, creamy off-white hues will draw you in, inspiring you to write your own story. Neutral and classic.
Perfect for your skirtings, doors and radiators but just as fabulous for a wide range of projects in the home... furniture, kitchens or any interior woodwork. Its UKCA and EN 71-3 certification means Trim Paint is safe to use on children’s toys. With low VOC content and high scuff-resistance, it a great option for just about any room in your home. For a completely cohesive look, team with the matching the colours in our Chalk Wall Paint range.
- Water based
- Suitable for interior use only
- Chalk and mineral paint formulated for trims, skirting, doors etc. Also suitable for other interior woodwork, powder coated radiators, and all sorts of furniture including laminate
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2019+A1:2021
- Low VOC content and low odour
- Finish – soft satin sheen
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required for any surface except bare metal (in which case use a suitable metal primer)
- A 500ml tin will provide a coat of up to 7m2. For a durable finish, a minimum of 2 coats is required, so your 500ml tin should provide full coverage for 3.5m2on non-porous surfaces like laminate or metal.
- Porous, or ‘thirsty’, surfaces like bare wood or MDF, tend to absorb paint meaning additional coats are likely to be required to achieve a durable finish. In this case, your 500ml tin will provide less than 3.5m2 of full coverage. If you apply the paint too thinly, durability may be affected.
- Ensure surfaces are in suitable condition for painting - clean, dry, free from wax, grease or penetrating substances and in sound condition. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
- Surface preparation required in addition to the above – clean with Frenchic Sugar Soap, rinse and dry thoroughly. Hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface. Wipe off any dust, paint away! For a great demonstration, see our video.
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement, such as a Paint Paddle, prior to each use
Application, drying and curing (hardening)
- Apply with a good quality brush or roller
- To allow self-levelling, avoid overworking the paint
- Allow a minimum of 4 hours between coats (even if the paint feels touch dry)
- Curing (hardening) time is up to 3 weeks in normal conditions. Treat gently until curing is complete
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes in warm, soapy water.
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.
Advice for choosing colours
We make every effort to match our online colour swatches to the paint. However, we cannot guarantee an exact colour replication as images can display differently due to screen types and device settings. In addition, colours can appear differently once in your home due to lighting and surroundings and can present differently depending on surface texture and porosity.